Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, which is why we have compiled this comprehensive Data Protection policy in compliance with national and international regulations. This site is owned and managed by Schpoons & Forx Restaurant and we respect the privacy of all visitors to the site.
Please find below information on how the data we collect on you is used, and what you should do if you have any concerns regarding the data held. If you have queries regarding the information contained in this policy please e-mail email@example.com“Personal data” referred to henceforth means any of your information collected and logged by us in a way which allows us to identify you directly or indirectly. Please read this policy before providing us with any direct information (i.e. name) or indirect information (i.e. address).
This policy has been created as part of the terms and conditions of our services. By accepting our terms and conditions, you expressly accept the terms of our Data Protection policy detailed below. By visiting Schpoons & Forx Restaurant or visiting our website, you are agreeing to the terms of this policy. We may amend this policy from time to time. You should revisit this page regularly to make sure you know our current policy.
1. What information do we collect? At various points, we may need to collect information about you or your family/fellow guests. This information may include:Contact details such as your first name, last name, telephone number or emailPersonal information such as your nationality or date of birthInformation about your children such as first name, date of birth or ageYour credit card number for transaction and reservation purposesYour arrival/departure dates and room preferencesYour questions, comments or feedback during or after a stay or visit to usYour IP address or cookie informationWe will never deliberately collect sensitive information such as racial, religious, sexual or political alignment and only collect information regarding adults or their children from those aged over 18.
2. When do we collect it? Your information may be collected at the hotel when:Booking a room, checking in or payingEating or drinking at our bar or restaurantMaking a request or complaintYour information may be collected online when:Participating in a customer survey or online competitionSubscribing to our promotional email newsletterThrough a third party i.e. a reservation system or travel agentWhen connecting to our website i.e. IP address or cookies
3. Why do we collect it and how we use it Contact details - To manage your reservation, requests and services; to monitor use of amenities; to manage your restaurant or bar bookings; to manage special requests, to send you special offers or information via email newsletter and to manage financial and payment records pertaining to your stay or visit.Personal information - To improve the level of service we offer; to assist in marketing and promotion of our services and help us adapt our services.Information pertaining to your children - To manage their stay at the hotel; information can only be supplied by an adult.Credit card number - To guarantee bookings and take payment.Arrival and departure dates - To manage your booking.Your questions, comments or feedback - To improve the level of service we offer.IP address or cookie information - To improve our website navigation and prevent fraud or security breaches.
4. Secure information storage We take data security seriously and use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect your personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are aligned with widely accepted international standards, we apply the controls detailed in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard to all environments storing personal data. These standards are applied and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements. For example:Policies and proceduresWe have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, or disclosure of dataWe have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assetsWe place appropriate restrictions on access to personal informationWe implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securelyWe conduct Privacy Impact Assessments in accordance with legal requirements and our business policiesTraining for employees and contractorsWe require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal information and other sensitive dataWe take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures and any applicable contractual conditionsVendor risk managementWe require, through the use of contracts and security reviews, our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures.
5. Your rights We hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us, and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting. We’ll also hold on to your information If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions. We may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. You may see or receive marketing information or promotions when appropriate.You have the following rights:The right to be informed about how your personal information is being usedThe right to access the personal information we hold about youThe right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about youThe right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstancesThe right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any timeThe right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service providerThe right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
8. Changes and updates to this policy We may change our Data Protection policy from time to time, to reflect the way we process your data. Should we make significant changes, we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to make use of our services.
9. Contact us Should you wish to contact us at any time with questions, comments, data-related requests or similar, please email us at manager@schpoons&forx.com